Small Engine Mechanics
Small Engine TechnicianWe are looking for a loyal, motivated, organized, and skilled engine technician for a variety of repairs and maintenance of outdoor power equipment, compressors, generators, string trimmers, etc. Must have the ability to work on 2-cycle equipment. You must have very effective organizational and communication skills to service our customers efficiently.
- High school diploma or GED
- Trade school preferred
- 2-4 years experience in this field
- Excellent verbal communication
- Professional and clean appearance
- Able to communicate effectively with customers
- Exhibit personal and professional integrity
- Basic computer skills
Job Summary, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Service and repair of outdoor power equipment (most makes and models) i.e., garden tractors, commercial lawn mowers, string/brush cutters, chain saws, generators, power washers, go-carts, etc.
- Provide accurate work orders for work performed, as well as parts used.
- Have a good knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Have a working knowledge of outdoor equipment for diagnostic and repair purposes
- Converse effectively and accurately with all customers, explain what is needed to be repaired and give proper and fair estimates.
Physical Demands and/or Work Environment
- Frequent standing and or walking for long periods of time
- Ability to stoop, bend, climb and lift frequently.
- Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs; occasional lifting up to 100 lbs.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits. Salary is based on experience - Top dollar paid for qualified candidates. This is a full time forty hour a week position. We are looking for a long term candidate.
*This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with this position.